Discover the assumptions behind the 12 major worldviews that cause either human frustration or human flourishing across the globe. Also, learn why a Christian worldview exposes the failures of the other worldviews and offers great redemptive hope centered on Jesus Christ. This is a lively 15-week online course with instructor Bob Osburn, PhD who will be lecturing in real-time.
Please Note: Classes meet Mondays, September through December from 9:00 am to 10:15 am Central time via Google+ Hangout.
- Understand how the concept of "worldview" relates to the search for truth (and why we should all be truth-seekers)
- Learn the four major functions of worldviews
- Learn a four-step method to analyze and assess worldviews
- Learn how the 12 major worldviews seek to answer the nine major questions that most people ask
- Discover the relationships between worldviews and cultural outcomes
- Discover how to better minister amongst international and domestic college students
The difference this will make for you as a campus minister
- Provides highly useful background knowledge for those involved in intercultural ministry and ministry with domestic students from widely varying backgrounds
- Increases competence when discussing other religions and philosophies
- Complete set of course materials can be used for instructing students and others on the different philosophies and religions that shape life in the 21st century
- Significant apologetic and discipleship potential
- Ready-made materials for an international or domestic Bible study/study group
What are the Technical Requirements?
- Mac OSX or PC with Windows Vista or Newer
- Internet Connection
- External or built-in web camera
- Google+ Account
Upon completion of the course, you will receive:
- Set of 15 slide presentations (PowerPoint)
- Set of 15 one-page study guides
- Teachers guide for using this course with domestic and international students
- Comparative Worldviews Survey tool
- Comparative Worldviews Code sheet
- Comparative Worldviews Chart
- Blanket permission to reproduce these material with your students
- Access to annual license and regular upgrades, new materials, and improvements
- Designed for campus ministers and others who want to learn how to represent Jesus Christ in a pluralistic world
- Anyone interested in taking this course
Course fee: $99
- Includes all the materials mentioned and a free annual license through June 30 of the following year
- (Optional) Annual license of $10/year (renews on July 1, beginning in 2016) incudes free annual updates to all course materials (downloadable files from a website)
- No required textbook
- Refunds are capped at 50% and are available through September 30.
Bob Osburn has a PhD in international education (University of Minnesota, 2005) where he also is a lecturer in the Department of Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development. In 1978 he earned his ThM in Christian education at Dallas Theological Seminary. He has spent 29 years working in international student and academic ministry at the University of Minnesota, and successfully launched the 1998 World View for World Healing Conference that promoted the vision for international students engaging the deepest needs of their societies on the basis of a Christian worldview. He has been married to Susan for over 38 years, and is the father of four sons. View Robert Osburn’s Curriculum Vitae or email Bob here.